The original house was built around 1530 and was used to store values in small rooms or vaults that are in the backyard. It is located less than 100 meters from the Plaza de Armas, known today as Parque Colon, where is the Cathedral of Santo Domingo, First of America. It is located in the City of Ovando, oldest part of the city.
It is a masonry house of 2 floors, with patio and backyard. A two-story gallery, with its brick arches, that joins the two original bodies of the house. A three-story building was recently built in the backyard, with 12 bedrooms and that harmonizes perfectly with the old house.
The restoration project, which is conducted in approximately 80%, respected the most of the authenticity of the property.
It has a well that climbs to the second floor, one of only two wells of its kind in the Colonial City. It also has an ancient cistern that was rescued and a basement below the first courtyard was built, which would serve as a storage for the restaurant. A lemongrass tree provides shade every hour of the day to the patio, which would be used as part of the restaurant.
The façade, with it 9 doors, has a long balcony with a metal railing, which reflects the changes done to the property along its nearly 500 years of existence.
The main staircase has a wooden railing of the early twentieth century with elegant mahogany balusters, which gives it a stately character to it.
The restoration project, in process, involves the installation of a hostel with 15 rooms with bathrooms, plus a suite, lobby, guest lounge, bar, restaurant, kitchen, storage in the basement, bathrooms, locker employees, areas for museum (ancient vaults) and office areas, which could serve to expand the number of rooms.
The project also has a room for the placement of an electric generator, properly installed so that does not cause any nuisance to the environment.